Monday, July 27, 2015

It's been a long time since I posted. A combination of things but mainly I haven't been building. I've been playing alot and trying different snare drums and kits.
My current favorite kit are the Ludwigs. Light to transport, warm of tone and fairly rugged for old drums. I upgraded the tom mount with Gibralters new vintage mount which works really well with lots of adjustment. Diplomats both sides on the toms and Evans muffled ring bass drum batter head and a remo vintage on the front.
I usually grab my 7x14 yellow pine stave snare with a remo reverse dot on top with hazy on the bottom. I'm finally tuning the bottoms very tight and the tops where ever it sounds good to me at the time with the snares brought up till they start to buzz. Sometimes I like my 5.5x14 pine or one of my Kent floor tom to snare conversions with the re-rings. I keep trying to fall in love with steel or brass but none of the drums I have work for me. Occasionally I grab the Acrolite which in certain rooms sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment